1. What is your favorite word?
Supercalifragilistic— No I’m just kidding, that’s not it. It would probably be poignant because I always manage to mispronounce it. Is it poig (with a guh sound) or poig (as in poi silent g). And I love how it rolls trippingly off the tongue when you pronounce it right.
2. What is your least favorite word?
I’m not sure if I have a least favorite word, cynicism?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Pictures of far off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, a —- you get the picture. Maybe a sunset here or two. Sometimes inspirational movies.
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
I don’t really curse much but, anak ng pating (son of a shark) maybe?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of bamboo leaves [rustling in the wind, and yes, trying to be poetic again]
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
I don’t hate it, but it can get pretty loud—a chorus of bullfrogs.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Well technically I don’t really have a profession yet (does being a student count?). Maybe in the future I could be a tour guide? teacher? writer? a whacky-travel guide-try everything-eat everything-person?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
I would not like to be an astronaut. Sorry guys, Gravity just did it for me. Nope, not ever setting foot in space after watching that movie.
You want proof? Here. This is why.
My palms get all sweaty just watching it.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
11. Why is this blog called The Restless Turtle? I mean come on, can’t you think of any more original names?
Well, this blog is called the restless turtle because A). I really like turtles (I don’t know I have some weird cosmic connection with them) and B). I’m really restless about life, always thinking about the future, always wanting to be somewhere other than the present (but I’m working on this).
12. Aside from talking about yourself, what other things can we expect to see on this blog?
Seeing as this is a personal blog I will be talking about my experiences, but in the hopes that you will find them part amusing and maybe pick up a thing or two from the things I’ve learned.
I want this blog to be a space where you can come and
facepalm laugh along with me. I want this to be a space of not-alone-ness.
A place where it’s ok to be vulnerable and goofy and silly—-for all of us.
And yes, I’m still learning the ropes so if you have any comments or suggestions, please, don’t hesitate to write me a note!
Ok while that was pretty vague and if you want more concrete answers, here are some of the things you might see (now or in the future) on this blog:
– Posts about my “life lessons”/musings about “life”
-Travel posts (it was a dream of mine to be a travel writer)
– Short fiction (maybe some short stories)
– Lifestyle pieces [I guess], maybe a how-to post or two
– Movie reviews (??)
This’ll basically be my writing playground so expect a wide variety of posts on here.
13. Ok that was super long and serious. Moving on. Any fun facts?
Fun facts? I’m love referencing lines from movies or stuff from Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings etc.
I found that I really like inserting various movie lines into my posts (my own version of an easter egg, let me know if you find them).
Yes, I’m that person who watches movies over and over and over again. The first time is for the pure enjoyment of the movie. The second time is for a second period of enjoyment. The third time is to be more aware of the things going on in the background. The fourth time is—
14. I’m sorry those are all the questions we have for now! Any last words?
If you got this far,
Thank you and again, thanks for stopping by.